Blender Addon | Hair Shape Key | VFX Grace
HairShapeKey is a Blender add-on, supporting adding shape keys of hair, making it possible to record the transition between multiple shapes of hair like models. Users can switch between the different shapes freely, keyframe animation, and set driver control, which makes it more controllable to style hair. Just have a try!
Windows: Blender 2.81a, 2.82a, 2.83, 2.90, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93
- Linux: Blender 2.81a, 2.82a, 2.83, 2.90, and 2.91, 2.92, 2.93. GCC above 7.4 is required.
- Blender 2.80 is not supported.
Create multiple shapes of hair, and switch between them freely. Support keyframe animation and driver control of hair shape keys.
1. This add-on supports one hair shape key with multiple keys. One key represents one shape. Also, it supports multiple hair shape keys with multiple keys. Please note, the initial shape of the shape key is based on the final shape of the previous one.
2. You can keyframe animation between multiple hair shapes, and control animation with Noise Modifier in Graph Editor.
3. This add-on supports applying the driver control of the hair shapes’ animation. Besides, it supports bone control, which helps resolve the hair shapes’ issues due to stretched animation. Update Frame supports checking the change of hair shapes in time. May Blender become stuck, to varying degrees, based on the project and PC hardware.
4.You can re-edit the quantity of hair’s points with the built-in functions of this add-on, like Delete Keys, Delete Particles, Subdivide and Update Added Hair.
5.When some errors occur, we can detect and fix them with Display Data on.
6.Animation of the hair shapes can be rendered.
Hit Edit on the menu bar, then Preferences - Add-ons - Install, and select the zip file to install.
Compatibility with previous versions has been fixed. Please refer to the tutorial for more details.
Jun 20, 2021 - v5.2:
- Support Blender 2.92 & 2.93. Blender 2.79 is not supported. GCC above 7.4 is required on Linux.
Jan 05, 2021 - v5.1:
- Support Blender blender2.90、blender2.91 in Windows
Jun 26, 2020 - v5.0:
- Bug fixes.
- Add some functions—Delete Keys, Delete Particles, Subdivide and Update Added Hair—to support re-editing the number of hair’s points.
- Partial compatibility with previous versions.
- Optimize Update Frame.
Apr 15, 2020 - v4.0.0:
- Fix compatibility with previous versions in v3.0.
Mar 2, 2020 - v3.0.0:
- Change from single-file editing to multi-module editing, and reduce the repeated code and the unused features
- Modify UI
- Add continuous support to multiple shapes
- Bugfix: keyframe and driver are not deleted after the deletion of shape key
- Incompatible with previous versions
Jan 7, 2020 - v2.32
- Support shape key animation, play driver, and update rendering in Blender 2.79b and 2.81a.
- Bug fixes
- UI translation.
Dec 11, 2019 - v2.3
- Incompatible with previous versions above 2.80.
Nov 3, 2019 - v2.15
- Bug fixed: hair shape can not be updated when rendering; shape keys controlled by driver won't update
Mar 24, 2019 - v2.1
- Support Blender 2.80
Mar 9, 2019 - v2.0
- Auto-update when opening project and playing animation
- Add auto-update for driver shapes
- One shape key maps to multiple keyframes
Dec 17, 2018 - v1.5
- Support multiple keys.
Dec 19, 2018 - v1.4
- optimize file size of this add-on
Nov 26, 2018 - v1.3
- Fix errors when resetting shape key with Absolute on.
- Improve speed.
- Size1.08 MB